Take care of your face. Wash twice daily, morning and evening. One of the best features a person can have is clean skin. Most teenagers have some pimples because of hormones which create excess sebum (oils) that tend to clog up the pores. Use a good acne cleanser or toner-moisturizer. If you have severe acne, see a dermatologist (a doctor who specializes in skin-conditions).
- Some people prefer to make a lather (worked up on a cloth) using plain soap such as ivory. Use a clean, fresh wash-cloth every time — not one that is being reused.
- Always wear oil-free sunscreen to avoid sun damage and/or sun irritation. Always use a high factor sunscreen to protect your skin and keep it healthy.
- Be gentle: Avoid injuring, scratching and smashing pimples to remove oil and black-heads.
- Also, consider taking vitamins which will not only help you maintain your complexion, but give stronger hair and nails.
Have clean hair. As mentioned above, find a hair care routine that suits your hair type. Some people find that they need to wash their hair daily, some people three or four times a week.
- Find a shampoo and conditioner that works for your hair, and stick to it.
- Take advantage of your natural attributes; if your hair is wavy, choose a haircut that suits wavy hair. Ask your stylist to help you pick a style that suits your face shape.
- You can straighten your hair if you want to. Do what looks good. Some days curl your hair. Consider getting side bangs.
Take good care of your teeth. Brush twice daily, morning and night. Use floss, mouthwash, and specialized dental tooth picks (not wooden ones). Try to avoid flavored mouthwash, like bubble gum, as after a while they don’t smell very nice at all. Keep it up.
Stay hydrated. Drink at least 2 liters of water per day (approx. 8 glasses) and keep up those fruits and vegetables that contain a good amount of water in them. The water will keep your skin fresh and your eyes bright, and the vitamins in the fruit will keep you energetic and healthy.
Emphasize the part of your body you feel most confident about. Wear vibrant tops if you like your upper body/arms and slimming pants if you love your legs! Use a gradual tanner on your legs after a shower and exfoliate beforehand to get a smoother coverage.
Be natural! Wearing moisturizer, light foundation, concealer, corrector, translucent powder, voluminous mascara on top lashes, peachy blush, and clear lip balm or gloss gives you a very natural look while enhancing your own features.
Try coloring your hair. It’s best to do this on the holidays, then you can wash the color away if you don’t like it. (note: temporary color may be better). You can also try subtle sun kissed highlights.
Paint your nails. Use vibrant colors and if you can, match the colors with what you are wearing. Remember to remove the nail polish with a moisturizing nail-polish remover two days from when you applied it, to let your nails breathe.
Have a positive attitude. Walk confidently and smile!
Smell good. Choose a perfume that suits you, spray a little on your wrists and neck, and wear it often. People will get used to your scent and will appreciate it.
Shave or wax. Do this after a shower; the hair is easier to remove then. Shave if you are on the run, but it is best to wax to prevent coarser hair growing back. Plus, waxing pulls the hair’s roots out, so you have a longer period of time without the itchiness of hair growing back! Another hair removal idea is to pluck your eyebrows.
Wear jewelery. Rings, necklaces, sunglasses, anklets and bracelets can look great if chosen to suit your personality and your outfit. If you do not have your ears pierced but want the look, you can buy earrings that clip on your earlobe.
Re-invent your wardrobe. Choose clothes that express your personality but are normal everyday trends.
Be yourself and feel great! Remember you are always beautiful! When you feel beautiful you look beautiful.